View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
    Wired vs Wireless keyboard

Hi All,

I have a 24" iMac and two Apple keyboards, one wired and the other wireless. The obvious differences are the the wired keyboard has more buttons including a full numerical keyboard whereas the wireless one doesn't however the wireless keyboard (hence its name) has no wires attached consequently meaning that I need to keep recharging batteries for it. Which keyboard would you/do you use and why?

Cheers!

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Wired, I like the numeric keypad.

I really dont know why Apple dont make a full size wireless keyboard, I would buy one today
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    Keep them both.

If you need to do a clean install of your operating system, best with the wired keyboard and mouse. Same if you want to set up Bootcamp. Requires wired keyboard and mouse. Personally do not use rechargeable batteries as they never seem to last long. Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries last up to six month in the wireless keyboard, and 2-3 months in the Magic Mouse, using four to five hours a day.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    I have both the wired and wireless versions of the Apple aluminum keyboard and much prefer the wired version. Like louishen I like the numeric keyboard and the fact that I don't have to press Fn in order to use simple things like backspace delete and so forth....

For louishen:

OWC stocks several models of a wireless keyboard that include a numeric keypad but they're costly.

Specs:
    iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,12GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Yose 10.10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Keep them both.

If you need to do a clean install of your operating system, best with the wired keyboard and mouse. Same if you want to set up Bootcamp. Requires wired keyboard and mouse. Personally do not use rechargeable batteries as they never seem to last long. Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries last up to six month in the wireless keyboard, and 2-3 months in the Magic Mouse, using four to five hours a day.
    harryb2448..you know what camp that I'm in Is there some empirical data that we chew on?
    iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
    iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
    MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.

My iMac came with the wireless keyboard, and it took a little bit of time to get used to the lack of keypad as well as how the delete key works, but I much prefer wireless. My last several keyboards and mice for my PC were wireless as well. Less clutter, and batteries seem to last a long time in a keyboard.

Specs:
    Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
    Wired.

There was never anything more annoying to me than getting on my computer and having the batteries go dead in my keyboard/mouse. Wired is always ready to use, and much more reliable IMO.

Specs:
    iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Well, I would get a wireless, just because if you see the back of my desk, I don't need anymore wires. Even if it is not there, and it is on the desk.

Thread Information