New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Can't connect my wireless keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Flyster

Flyster is on a distinguished road

Ok had a 2nd hand wireless keyboard only had it for 2 months then i had to replace the batteries, now it will not re connect with bluetooth, just says ''no keyboard found'' any ideas what's up.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Not without more info on the keyboard. But, most of them will have a 'Connect' button on the bottom - did you press it to make it discoverable?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Flyster

Flyster is on a distinguished road

of course i did
QUOTE Thanks
givenzgoodidea

givenzgoodidea is on a distinguished road

Hey I hope you figured out your sitch but for those of you who need advice and tried a multitude of solutions and not come up with one. Here is what I did.

I got a cheapo wireless keyboard that is virtually the same as the mac wireless mini keyboard. This connection process is kind of weird.

Problem: I cannot connect my wireless keyboard to my mac OR it is not being discovered.

Solution
1. Turn on your keyboard
2. Que up your bluetooth setting by clicking on the bluetooth icon in the top righthand/middle of your screen and click "Setup Bluetooth Device" click on that
3. On your keyboard HOLD DOWN the connect/pair/reset (whatever) probably a smaller button keep it held down
4. Your mac should be providing you with an activation code and commanding you to press return afterwards. (EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO PLACE TO TYPE _TYPE THE CODE AND RETURN ANYWAY)

OK so what may have worked was holding the connect key down for an extended period of time OR doing what I told you to do above. Try Both!!

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac unresponsive - mouse works | Sometimes it chimes, other times it doesn't? »