mac mini hardware Q
    I am drooling over the specs I read about the new mini and it's new mini price. Can I, an old G4 user, use an outside drive for my older software that Lion won't run? I read on Lowendmac about stepping backward to Snow Leopard, would that help? Could I run the 10.4 drive off of it, say as apartition on the Lion main drive. I can't see buying an older mini or G5 for almost as much money, but my color-it and photoshop are very important in my line of work.
    thanks, theArtman

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by theArtman View Post
    I am drooling over the specs I read about the new mini and it's new mini price. Can I, an old G4 user, use an outside drive for my older software that Lion won't run?
    Nope!

I read on Lowendmac about stepping backward to Snow Leopard, would that help?
    Nope! Can't be done ... new Macs cannot run (as in CANNOT) any OS lower than the one they shipped with.

I can't see buying an older mini or G5 for almost as much money, but my color-it and photoshop are very important in my line of work.
    thanks, theArtman
    If Photoshop is important to your work, don't you think you should invest in keeping it up-to-date?

Color-It is still being developed, but the dev says they haven't gotten a new 10.7 compatible version out yet, so you may want to hold off for a bit. You may also want to look at alternatives and "plan Bs" for Color-It if they don't get their act together (I'm sure they will, BUT it never hurts to know what "plan B" would be if you needed it).

Thread Information