New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Upgrading the 2011 Mac mini

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chomper

chomper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9

Hello,

I'm considering to buy a Mac mini in order to have a desktop Mac. Since I don't need the extra performance provided by the AMD HD 6630 graphics card, I'm looking into buying the cheaper Mac mini. If I do buy it, I'll surely upgrade the RAM as 2GB seems to be ridiculous. But my question is: is it possible to have the cheaper Mac mini upgraded with a second, SSD, drive?

I own a MB Air (late 2010) as well as two Windows-based PCs fitted with solid state drives.

I simply can't stand working with a machine that has its OS on an "old-fashioned" hard drive - too slow!
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

I checked the store but the option wasn't given. The cheapest way was Configure - Apple Store (U.S.)
Others may have more insight.
GL

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disk Utility and DiskWarrior trouble with external hard-drive. | buying used mac pro, how do I know it works? »