Mac Mini Server - Lion to SL

I ordered a Mac Mini server online yesterday. Can't wait to get it. Quad core, 256 SSD + 750G HD... yippee!!

Just wondering how I can revert it to Snow Leopard whilst my primary third party software platforms catch up and release Lion OSX drivers? I'm not going to see these updates until september/october at the earliest.

How do I revert without a superdrive?

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Highly unlikely that you'll be able to install SL on that machine. Being introduced the same day as Lion, it's bound to follow Apple's practice with other hardware - can't go backwards, because there are no drivers in the older OS for the new computer.

My guess, you'll get a message stating the "OS cannot be installed on...".
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Che_Guitarra View Post
    I ordered a Mac Mini server online yesterday. Can't wait to get it. Quad core, 256 SSD + 750G HD... yippee!!

Just wondering how I can revert it to Snow Leopard whilst my primary third party software platforms catch up and release Lion OSX drivers? I'm not going to see these updates until september/october at the earliest.

How do I revert without a superdrive?
    It likely won't run Snow Leopard even if you want to. Snow Leopard, even when updated to 10.6.8, probably won't have the drivers required for the new models.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Awww... sucks to be me. I didn't even consider driver compatibility. Oh well, i'll have to keep on the macbook a little while longer.

Thread Information