New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

how to calibrate?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johnphillip

johnphillip is on a distinguished road

How can I calibrate my iMac?
I am new on using mac computer.
thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

I'm assuming you're talking about color calibration of the display. Open System Preferences->Displays->Color and click the Calibrate button. I use Expert mode. First adjustment, crank contrast all the way up, then adjust brightness so you can just see the oval in the box, but you can't tell the two halves of the box are different shades. Click Continue. From this point on, you're trying to make the Apple in the box match color and shade so that it disappears against the background square, or as close as possible. The left control adjusts the brightness of the Apple, and the right controls shading and hue. Work through those five or six adjustments. Set your screen temperature, set your white balance, and save. This process works for most people, but if you need a more professional calibration solution, you might want to use something like a X-Rite i1Display 2 Colorimeter / color calibrator
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i3 iMac slower than C2D MacBook. | Mac Pro - Problem with User Account »