Hard drive partition issues
    I have been trying to install Tiger 10.4 and or Leopard 5 on two Quick Silvers 867 mhz The previous hard drives on these two machines had been partitioned in half. So when I boot from the OS CD and go to the Disk utility I cant seem to partition the drive any other way. The hard drive is showing as two hard drives and I am not allowed to alter them it seems. I tried several other hard drives but they all show as two hard drives. I can partition each section separately but thatís not what I want. I want to partition the entire drive. Oddly enough both machines are doing the same thing, very strange. Help ??!!

The Republic of Neptune
    That is bizarre. If you are able to boot from one of these computers off a drive, can you post a screen shot of Disk Utility showing the drive mapping? If not, maybe take a photo and post that?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Ľ Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information