New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac internal HDD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JHCDeveloper

JHCDeveloper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 3.06GHz 8gb Ram

Hi Guys

Im looking for an internal 1tb HDD for my iMac 2010, im in the uk does anyone have a link to one either from Amazon UK, eBay Uk or any where else

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
Head_Unit

Head_Unit will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMAc 1.8GHz PowerPC G5, 2GB, 10.5.8

you want this
Western Digital Caviar 2TB SATAII 64MB Cache 3.5-inch Green Internal Hard Drive OEM: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
It's barely more expensive than 1TB. "Green" is quieter because it spins down + uses less power. "Black" = constantly spinning faster, but noisier. "Blue" is a useless compromise.

I love my Caviar Greens (750M and 1TB).

When you install, read all the steps VERY carefully. Basically I stick the thing in baby fresh and install from discs. But the formatting had some funny detail that was easy to miss and drove me nuts...sorry, I don't remember exactly what...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Swapping iMac hard drive? | G5 HD swap question »