Specs:
    iMac 27 (2011) Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz Total Number of Cores: 4 Memory: 12 GB
    Moving files problem
    I am having a problem saving a file from my desktop to an external hard drive, I try to move / drag it to the ex hard drive but it keeps going back. Anybody any ideas please?
    "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Not sure I understand. Dragging to the external drive should create a copy. Then, if you wish, you can toss the original in the Trash.

Are you saying it won't copy to the external drive? If not, drive may be formatted NTFS (Windows), needs to be formatted Mac OSX or FAT for you to write to it.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    iMac 27 (2011) Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz Total Number of Cores: 4 Memory: 12 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
    Not sure I understand. Dragging to the external drive should create a copy. Then, if you wish, you can toss the original in the Trash.

Are you saying it won't copy to the external drive? If not, drive may be formatted NTFS (Windows), needs to be formatted Mac OSX or FAT for you to write to it.
    If I do that will I loose all thats on the external hard drive?

Hi, I have formatted the EX hard drive and it now works thanks for the help

Specs:
    Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
    I'd try using NTFS Mounter to mount the volume and try the copy again. Snow Leopard does have the ability to write to NTFS volumes, but it's not enabled by default. You can go into the code and make some changes, but this utility is much simpler.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenStranger View Post
    I'd try using NTFS Mounter to mount the volume and try the copy again. Snow Leopard does have the ability to write to NTFS volumes, but it's not enabled by default. You can go into the code and make some changes, but this utility is much simpler.
    How would I use this ? idiots guide please.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Glad to hear things are working now.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    Glad to hear things are working now.
    This is the first imac I have ever had, I have been using windows for about 10 years so it just getting used to where things and what things are lol

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Top-Cat View Post
    This is the first imac I have ever had, I have been using windows for about 10 years so it just getting used to where things and what things are lol
    I switched three years ago and still find out something new everyday. But, it's great, isn't it?

Specs:
    I switched three years ago and still find out something new everyday. But, it's great, isn't it?
    It is when you realise you can't break it lol....its easer in some things but long winded in some others, well it is I expect until you learn short cuts etc...

Thread Information