New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Magic mouse switched vertical axis

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rjwatson

rjwatson is on a distinguished road

My Imac magicmouse suddenly switched vertical axis. I cannot see a way to change this in preferences. Any thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

NO offense intended, but did you just happen to put it facing the wrong way?

If not, you can turn it off, pull the batteries, delete the preferences and reconnect it from scratch and see if that helps.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

I know Lion is supposed to switch the vertical axis on the mouse as the default setting, so that the interface more closely matches the experience on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Wonder if the newly released 10.6.8 was installed and might have included something similar.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
NO offense intended, but did you just happen to put it facing the wrong way?
That was my first thought as well.... make sure the Apple logo is facing you and not away

Don't laugh, but I've done it a few times myself.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
rjwatson

rjwatson is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your thoughts. No offense taken. That is not the problem. It seems odd to me that there is no way in the preferences to change axis orientation, as I am sure many people have a preference one way or the other. I have downloaded a fix for this which works well. However, it reverts to the opposite axis upon every restart, and, occasionally, for no apparent reason. I presumed that it had something to do with a recent update, but no one else seems to have noted this issue. I will keep watch for more ideas. Thanks for your time.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

If you're talking about the Smart Scroll app, it's pretty good. You can add the app to your Login Items in System Preferences->Accounts->Login Items, and every time you computer boots, it'll load the app. Wish I could think why it would switch on its own or how to change it back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The 50 G4 eMac | I want an iMac, but I also want a SSD and cannot spend 2,000 for both »