Dead Mini, still dead...
    Hi

I was busy streaming video via Airvideo from my Mac Mini mid last week in the evening when I lost the connection...next morning I went and checked the mini and saw that it was off.
    I switched it back on and left it like that. On friday evening I again was streaming via Airvideo when the connection was lost again.
    This time I when to the mini to check...only this time the mini was off & wouldn't turn on again...I disconnect & reconnected the power cable/cord and tried again...still nothing...it's just dead. Nothing I do makes a difference. I've checked everything I could think off, plus the mini was in the study...locked study I should add, so no one was there.

I did nothing with it that could cause this and I'm a bit baffled about what happened.

Is there anything I can try myself to find the problem other than to take it to the apple store? Our local apple store have a tendency to screw up things that usually work when attempting to fix something, so I'm reluctant to take my mini there.

I'd appreciate any help or advice...please help if you can, I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms already.

Thanks
    2009(early) Mac Mini 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD, Snow Leopard.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    It certainly sounds like a power supply failure, but without some sort of expert diagnosis that's only a guess on my part. I'm surprised to hear that about your local Apple store. I have always found the Apple store genius folks to be very knowledgeable and professional. Plus Apple warrants the work they do.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    It certainly sounds like a power supply failure, but without some sort of expert diagnosis that's only a guess on my part. I'm surprised to hear that about your local Apple store. I have always found the Apple store genius folks to be very knowledgeable and professional. Plus Apple warrants the work they do.
    Thanks for the reply,

I guess the obvious first would be the power supply...whats the chances of the power brick failing?

Our local apple store isn't what you're use to (I wish our stores was a fraction what yours is)...they use local idiots that has NO passion for apple and to them it's just a job and a way to get the day over.
    Usually I go to the store to ask about a new product and they end up hearing about all the new features from me (or they end up trying to read it off the box, hilarious!!!)...I mean, shouldn't the store guys know about new developments...?

Anyway, enough ranting...anyone else have some inputs.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    I guess the obvious first would be the power supply...whats the chances of the power brick failing?
    It's certainly possible. The only way to find out is buy a new one and try it out. Keep the receipt in case it doesn't work - return it for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    It's certainly possible. The only way to find out is buy a new one and try it out. Keep the receipt in case it doesn't work - return it for a refund.
    I'll pick up one tomorrow, I hope it's going to be that easy.

If internal surgery is needed for the mini, I might as well upgrade a few things in anticipation for Lion...

Thread Information