New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Installing Targa T3200 on a PPC G5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

priviett

priviett is on a distinguished road

Hello.
does anyone know how to install this Video card, i have one and i need to get this working on a PPC G5, do i need drivers? which slot do i have to use?
I cant find any drivers for this.

This is the Card

Pinnacle Systems - TARGA 3200

Thank you for reading
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I hope i am wrong on this because I love the G5 series. It looks like that card was only available for Intel Pentium machines. If I am right it won't work in the G5. No need looking for drivers.

I think there were similar cards that would work but the name of one escapes me at the moment.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
priviett

priviett is on a distinguished road

thanks for your reply, but im pretty sure that, the targa card was working on a g5, yesterday someone called me and told me that i needed the drivers of targa mac version 3.11 but in i lost any hope i spend the whole day finding those drivers with no success.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Best I could tell, that whole Targa series was sold to OEMs and was primarily used in Pinnacle's own Deko commercial broadcast boxes and a few other Win 2000 work stations back when RAMBUS memory was in vogue.

All of Pinnacle's own white sheets that I found about that series lists Windows 2K with SP2 as the requirement.
Those things were $6k plus in price and were only compatible with specific motherboards.
It's possible, but I can't see that someone would have spent the time re-writing drivers for OS X back during '01-'03.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Nice job. You found a bit more than I did. I know there were some cards that would work with the G5 but haven't had time to check much.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Imac 27" and Genius SF600 | New iMac/iTunes graphics issues? »