need help deciding on imac
    I bought my first apple march 2010. I bought a 13"mbp the baseline 2.4ghz and maxed out the ram to 8gb. I love it and am thinking of buying an Imac base line. My fiance wants to buy my mbp. I was thinking is an imac that much more of a performer. i was thinking I could just install a ssd and that may give me the oomph i am needing. I do a lot of photoshop work. I know that my quadcore windows machine needed the power, but my mbp runs rings around that amd machine. I was just curious as to the true performance gain. I am just looking at buying the base 21.5 and maxing out the ram.

any help or insight would be appreciated. I will miss the edit on site feature but if work pics up might grab a base air for on site work.

Specs:
    *27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
    Quote Originally Posted by jbzy3000 View Post
    I bought my first apple march 2010. I bought a 13"mbp the baseline 2.4ghz and maxed out the ram to 8gb. I love it and am thinking of buying an Imac base line. My fiance wants to buy my mbp. I was thinking is an imac that much more of a performer. i was thinking I could just install a ssd and that may give me the oomph i am needing. I do a lot of photoshop work. I know that my quadcore windows machine needed the power, but my mbp runs rings around that amd machine. I was just curious as to the true performance gain. I am just looking at buying the base 21.5 and maxing out the ram.

any help or insight would be appreciated. I will miss the edit on site feature but if work pics up might grab a base air for on site work.
    You have a few macs, you know the power.....Go on, take the leap!

Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retirement and a bad divorce
    Specs:
    iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
    As someone who bought both the iMacs 21 and 27 recently, I would say go for the bigger size.

You get more space to view everything, and the cost factor isn't that great.
    Live each day as it comes - it may be your last !?

Thread Information