New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

upgrade went wrong

Thread Closed

MisakiYukiLover

MisakiYukiLover is on a distinguished road

i did a upgrade on my computer. it is a mac and its been telling my to upgrade for 2 mouths now and i finaly did it and now i have no tool bar that shows my clock, internet, my tools like the intertnet and games and stuff like that and its making me very mad. how do i get back my screens bar back? i cant even look at the windows i have open. if i want to close out of on thing i have to go up to file on my intertnet and clike quit... the only way i can get on the intertnet is i have to go to a picture on my desktop and hit firefox. i need help before i throw my computer aroce the room. plz help me!!!!!!!!
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Hi

Lots of people will be only too glad to offer their best; but firstly:

Can you give us your exact Model, year, type (iMac, MacPro etc), the operating system it was running BEFORE the Update and what you updated to please?

The more we know re specs etc the more able we are to help.

Ian
MisakiYukiLover

MisakiYukiLover is on a distinguished road

im not sure on most of the stuff. its a gateway. it use to run windown xp on it into one day it did work no more. my uncle tried to fix it but couldnt so he had to chang everything into a mac. and that is all i know. the upgrade i dont know the name of it. i cant rember but it asked me to upgrade for like the last to mouths so i did it and now nothing is right. like i said in my thing. im sorry that i cant tell u more. i wish i could.
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Hullo again

Well to be honest, it's a little difficult to help you.

My recollection is that "Gateway" was a company making the hardware for PCs running Windows.

I can't work out how your Uncle or anyone could convert this to a Mac.

Did he buy a new machine? Macs are unique in that they are made by Apple (hardware, firmware, software) and sold through their own store, online or from an Apple shop.

Of course, e-bay and other sources could provide second hand models.

In any event, if you do have a genuine Apple Mac - On the monitor/screen, top left you will see an Apple symbol. Click on that and the drop down menu will include "About this Mac". This tells you all about the model & its specs. Copy them and post it here.

I just have this slight doubt that you might not have a Mac at all. Hopefully I'm wrong and if you follow these instructions, all will be revealed.

We'll do our best.

Ian
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisakiYukiLover View Post
im not sure on most of the stuff. its a gateway. it use to run windown xp on it into one day it did work no more. my uncle tried to fix it but couldnt so he had to chang everything into a mac. and that is all i know. the upgrade i dont know the name of it. i cant rember but it asked me to upgrade for like the last to mouths so i did it and now nothing is right. like i said in my thing. im sorry that i cant tell u more. i wish i could.
Sorry, any discussion of a "Hackintosh" is off limits in these forums. No help will be provided. Thread is closed.

Thread Closed

« Mac Pro MA356LL/A Upgrades? | Time Machine and FireWire 800 compared to eSata and USB 2 »