New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Audio Interface Firewire Problem.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

milkcartonkid

milkcartonkid is on a distinguished road

Hi not sure if this is a proper hardware problem but here we go.

Since last night I having trouble with my M-audio profire 610 audio interface.
My macpro detects it but no sound is played either into or out of the card. All I get is flashing blue light (which I think is no signal). Some times after switching the device on and off, I get a steady blue light (like its supposed to do) but then it proceeds to crash any program that plays audio (finder, itunes, logic, reason)

I have plugged it into my Macbook and it works fine.

This led me to believe that it was the firewire settings on my macpro, having no other firewire devices to test I decided to connect my Macbook in target mode. It works fine, with the macpro as the host and vice versa.

I've tried to contact m-audio with no luck, I'm still waiting to hear anything on their forums, and thought maybe somebody here could shed any light on the situation. Cos I am well and truly stumped.

Desktop
Model: MacPro
CPU: 2 x 2.8 GHz quad core intel xeon
Memory: 4GB
TI firewire chipset
M-Audio Products: ProFire 610 (latest 2.3.1 driver)

macbook 13"
CPU: 2 GHz core duo
Memory: 2GB
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

what are your Audio MIDI settings? maybe post a screenshot, someone can decode it.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
milkcartonkid

milkcartonkid is on a distinguished road

You sir are a genius!
It never occurred to me to check the midi settings for some reason the clock source had change to S/pdif and because there wasn't anything connected it wasn't working.

no idea how that was changed though.

Thank you very much for your help
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

well, sounds like I just showed you where to look and you figured it out by yourself

glad you got it sorted.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
pol242

pol242 is on a distinguished road

thank you !

i had the very same problem and you just put me out of 2 days of nightmare.

thank you,

POL
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hardware test on 2008 iMac | iMacs in 2012 Questions »