New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Lifelong PC Guy Considering An iMac - Need Advice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Toranaga

Toranaga is on a distinguished road

I was also a PC user for many years (~15). iMacs are now finally powerfull enough for me with i7 and SSD.

I expected to install windows to run stuff I would miss, but never have! I absolutely love my iMac i7. I do most my gaming on my Xbox360, but do like my RTS game with a mouse.

I bought Starcraft II when I had a PC and lucky for me all new blizzard games are made for both PC and Mac. To my surprise it runs quite well in full 2550x1440 full detail on my iMac. You can install Windows 7 and likely get slightly better performance.

iMac 27"/i7/256GB SSD/2TB/12GB - Macbook Air 13 (2011) - iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks
Housekat

Housekat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 27 iMac 2.93

Also as an alternative, if you do get the 27 inch iMac, there is a mini display input port on the back of the computer. So you can actually buy a gaming rig and connect it to your iMac for gaming, than use the mac side for actual business or casual websurfing. I know a few people that do that but thats alot of cash. Its really easy to switch back and forth and its the best alternative for having the best of both worlds. Mine actually doubles as a tv in the bedroom as well since I have a apple remote and just watch shows(can turn up volume and turn down, switch movies, play/pause, pretty much everything). So hence why I bought it as a gaming rig/media awesomeness. And yes, I fix PC computers for a living lol.

iMac 2.93 i7 8GB 5750
2010 Macbook 2.4 intel Core 2 Duo 4GB
iPhone 4S 16GB & iPhone 4S 32GB
iPad 16GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to mac | Advise on config... »