New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

what happend to you on friday the 13th...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nurgle

nurgle is on a distinguished road

Well I just had on great MY LITTLE PONY IS PRETY day.

5 am my iMac (27" Quad i7) worked great.(ebay snipe).. turn it back on at 7 am, and white screen of death... no start up, bongs but no apple. Apple phone help could not get it going from 9 to 12.. by 2pm I was at Chermside, and it took 1 hour to get it to just boot, after permission & disk verification, would not boot again... all agreed it was a dead mac... swapped for a new 27" iMac with thunderbolt ports.. am now spending ALL Night re-loading from two week old backups... lost all inbetween... should take me another 4 days to get back to where I started...

If I had remembered the day Friday the 13th I would not have gotten out of bed...

what happened to any other board members...????

Regards, Sandy
(this is the second 27" imac that died after just a few months, pervious one finally drowned in jan)
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

I would have said it was a dead hard drive, not a dead Mac.

As for the friday the 13th...

I pride myself in not being superstitious.

I walk over three drains
I walk under ladders
black cats walk out in front of me constantly.

because I like to be realistic. Why would this be any different from

walking over two drains
walking under a bridge
having a white cat walk out in front of you?

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

I'm typically with Rob, but this past Friday 13th, I was in bed with pink eye. No clue where it came from, but it jumped on me like a hungry lion pouncing on a wounded gazelle.

But my Mac worked fine.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

EvenStanger - Love your Dilbert cartoon. How many times have we heard that. Hang on a minute I used to be in pc support...

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Lol robyduckworth,

I have a weekend neighbour that is somewhat superstitious, and alway when he sees me about to walk under a ladder he warns me.
I always smile and walk right through

Oh and absolutely nothing happened to me

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
EvenStanger - Love your Dilbert cartoon. How many times have we heard that. Hang on a minute I used to be in pc support...
Thanks - that's been my mantra ever since I first read it... We even abbreviated it for a while - we just called it SURB.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
Lol robyduckworth,

I have a weekend neighbour that is somewhat superstitious, and alway when he sees me about to walk under a ladder he warns me.
I always smile and walk right through
Haha, rise up against absurdity!

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 2006 late model imac question | External HDD »