mac pro that'll create 3d movie!
    I want to build a dual screen desktop mac pro, that will not lag when using software like a drawing pen or highly detailed 3d animation modeler or animator.
    This challenge should be fun for whom ever wants to help me tackle this mac build. I need it to be able to run both graphic design programs like photoshop, flash, and illustrator; as well as movie making softwares, and the high end 3d and animation programs like maya and other mac programs.. I could probably go to Apple - Mac Pro - Now up to 12 cores of processing power. and pick all the most expensive parts, but then it'd be crazy expensive!
    I need someone to tell me what I need and don't need to keep the price lower, but at same time not skimping on the parts (power) that will help me meet my criteria. Please help!, if you cold go to this link, ( Apple - Mac Pro - Now up to 12 cores of processing power. ). Then set it up using the websites' options to build this dream computer and take a screenshot or copy the list, of the results and post it, so i'll have a idea of what's needed and the price... ehh... srry 4 the run ons...
    Also if you know of alternate parts from other websites that are just as good but cheeper price, let me know, with a simple comparison. As far as the 3d programs, comments are welcome, but I can probably do my own research into them. I'm completely lost on the build!!! I think this would be a good review that'll give others a good idea when it comes to the build.. p.s. I'm an artist whose ready to do a full length 3d movie!

If there's a good write up, point me there! Thanx all!

Ulthraun

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    Don't support hackintoshes here alas!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

lots of info on parts and system building^

Hackintosh - no no. you want a Mac Pro, get a Mac Pro. your looking at instability & driver issues anyway by going down this route. you could always use Windows, if you want to build your own system from scratch.

FWIW, all the of the Mac Pros are crazy fast. have a look at our recent benchmarking thread, and notice how Mac Pros from 2006-7 are beating the likes of 2008-10 standard Macs.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Just get an older one for a good price and then transform that 2009 Mac Pro into a 12-core monster

im new so i dont mean to insult any. I'm fine buying new, in fact i want new, cause my mac i have now is is about 11 years old, and it's tooooo slow! I think I'll try to find a 2009, but i'm a complete stumped when it comes to understanding to updating it for 3d performance. I just want to know the basic parts to do all the things i want, like how much processing power, graphics card, solid-state drives, and ect. I'm probably having wishful thinking that anyone going to list these things out for more, and even then that id be able to put 'er together. so any help appreciated, I'll probably have to look for system requirements on maya and softwares, and figure it out myself. thanks for the suggestions. coolcool

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    you cant build a Mac Pro. you have to buy one. you select the parts, Apple put it together, you buy it.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Thread Information