New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Next Gen iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

truetifoso

truetifoso has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I know the new iMac just launched last week, but I'm wondering when the next generation iMac is due.

Specifically, based on Mac product lifecycles, when is an all-new (including cosmetics) iMac due out? I think the current design is beautiful, but Apple has a way of introducing new versions of their products which immediately makes the then current models look aged and obsolete.

Thanks in advance for your input.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Your post was moved because it does not belong in "Rumors and Reports". We ask that you read forum descriptions and Sticky notices at the top of each forum before posting. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by truetifoso View Post
I know the new iMac just launched last week, but I'm wondering when the next generation iMac is due.

Specifically, based on Mac product lifecycles, when is an all-new (including cosmetics) iMac due out?
We could take some guess's (based on previous history)...when the next iMac update would be...but come on...how in the heck would we know when the next cosmetic update will be???

I mean (while you're at it)...why not ask what the exact cosmetic changes will be, and how about photos as well. How would we know this stuff...only the design folks at Apple would even have a clue...and even they probably have 3-5 different designs to choose from at the moment (and that's even IF any cosmetic changes are due in the near future).

If we knew this stuff...we would be working at Apple...and if we let this info out...we would be fired!!!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
truetifoso

Specifically, based on Mac product lifecycles, when is an all-new (including cosmetics) iMac due out? I think the current design is beautiful, but Apple has a way of introducing new versions of their products which immediately makes the then current models look aged and obsolete.

Thanks in advance for your input.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I think that you asked this question once already! No need to crosspost...threads merged.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

sometime between now and the end of 2012.

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
truetifoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
We could take some guess's (based on previous history)...when the next iMac update would be...but come on...how in the heck would we know when the next cosmetic update will be???

I mean (while you're at it)...why not ask what the exact cosmetic changes will be, and how about photos as well. How would we know this stuff...only the design folks at Apple would even have a clue...and even they probably have 3-5 different designs to choose from at the moment (and that's even IF any cosmetic changes are due in the near future).

If we knew this stuff...we would be working at Apple...and if we let this info out...we would be fired!!!

- Nick
Why so bitter and sarcastic? I was merely asking if anyone could extrapolate future trends based on historical ones.

For example, if your post is characteristic of your past posts, then I could with a fairly good degree of certainty that your future posts will continue to show you as an jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I think that you asked this question once already! No need to crosspost...threads merged.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Cross posting in more than one forum is against the rules here at Mac Forums and as a Moderator he had every right to point that out.

Also, We have no idea when any new iMac or any other Mac will be released.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris1111

Chris1111 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: I don't know

Yeah cmon man, I understand your motivation, but you gotta understand what your asking. Who knows, the current iMac might be successful enough that they can just tweak the internals for another 3 years. Or maybe they'll do a major revision in 6 months. Who knows? Its hard to look at past product cycles and extrapolate anything of substance. Just because you have past data doesn't mean you can extrapolate. Think about the stock market. We have a 100 years of data, but can anybody tell you with even close to certainty what stocks to buy? (sure, many will try, but nobody knows for real, and the biggest hedge funds go broke too).
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Fascinating post. Sadly it still sheds no light on new iMacs.

I'm failing to see anything either bitter or sarcastic in the response posted by pigoo3. What I do see though is an individual who seems to think we should all provide some sort of magical information that we are not privy too and who is upset because they can't get an answer. The web is a big place. If you don't like the answers you get here there are plenty of other places to go find them. Happy searching.

QUOTE Thanks
jimvdn

jimvdn is on a distinguished road

The question posed in this thread is a good one. The answer would be a guess. So, based on available technology modulated by Apple's past behavior, there might be some good guesses. If you were the VP of marketing for product evolution (or whatever he's called) for Apple, what options would you be considering? Which options might be practical by the end of 2011 or mid 2012? But, answers and guesses that are motivated by hardness of heart and bitterness, are not constructive. Polite, cheerful answers would help to evolve this thread. If you have no clue, and find the question irritating to you, then the best thing would be for you to go somewhere else. So, any guesses for the rest of us to debate?
QUOTE Thanks
thurstmw

thurstmw has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333

Here is a link if you want to try to make your own guess

Determining when their will be a refresh is fairly easy but knowing when they will do a redesign is quite a bit harder. About the only way to know that is when they start redesigning other parts of their line.

Yes that is a grizzlycorn
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 27 in. Display Same As The Standalone 27in. LED Cinema Display? | super sexy stupid mouse !! »