Mac Mini Intel 1.66 - not starting up
- Kernal Panic (diagnosed by Apple store cooked HDD) so replaced HD with 250gig SATA 2.5.
- It seemed to start up ok, but when the screen asked where to install the OS and hard drive wasn't visible.
- Couldn't eject disc.
- Removed optical drive and retrieved disc.
- Attempted start up and machine would make right noises then turn itself off, on, off, on constantly until power cut off.
- Took cover off checked everything plugged in, seemed ok
- Attempted start up, only LED lit up and fan moving, nothing else, no screen no normal start up noises
I need some pointers if anyone can help out would be appreciated, cheers
Sounds like a logic board issue. But have you tried replacing the memory or plugging only 1 stick in at a time, alternating sockets? Along the same line, try swapping out the memory with different sticks if you have any. It's a long shot but worth trying.
Also, did you swap out the CPU recently?
yet the logic board is no good, I didn't earth myself to machine first that must have caused the problem, live and learn i guess!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.