What am I doing wrong (new iMac issues)
    Received my new iMac today. After I set it up and powered it on the first thing I did was run the Updates. That took quite a while so I let it run while I ran out. I got back this evening and tried to run Final Cut Express. It told me it required VRAM and that I had none. The other reason it stated was that I didn't have a compatible video card. I figured something was not right size I ordered this baby to the max. I read where all suggestions were to reinstall.

I ran an uninstaller and reinstalled Final Cut Express from disk and entered the serial numbers. Now it won't start but I receive a Problem Report. I tried Aperture 3 and get the same crap. After installing I ran the updates and rebooted.

What am I doing wrong? blah blah blah.. Im a long time windows guy thought I would try my had at Apple again.. blah blah... I bought this thing because I was tired of editing video on PCs with moderately priced software.

I just assumed there would be no issues because I bought the software with it and figured it would be installed. I'm wondering if Apples image is crap and Im a test idiot. I'm not sure if my screen shots help.. if Its something obvious please feel free to flame. I can take it as long as I can fix this nightmare.

I did a screen shot of the Aperture 3 problem.

Here are my vitals:

(New) iMac i7 3.4GHz, 16GB, Radeon HD 6970M, 2 TB, Mac OS x 10.6.7

I bought Aperture 3 and Final Cut Express with the unit.

I feel like a total tool right now.. plus with my two programs I really want to be working with right now not working, I'm sitting here surfing what kind of Video Editing monster PC I can build with what I bought this sweet thing for.

I guess I need answers and sleep.. Probably more sleep.
    Screen shot 2011-05-05 at 9.59.03 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-05 at 9.39.52 PM.png

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Before doing anything else, run the Apple Hardware Test to be sure you didn't draw the short straw and get a defective unit:
    The Apple Hardware Test

If that all checks out, I would try reinstalling OS X from scratch and start over. Download and install all the updates before trying to install Final Cut Express or Aperture.
    Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install

If you continue to have problems, call Apple.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information