Hopefully ends well
    Over the last few years I really wanted a new iMac. With money being the major obstical I recently came up with the funds. Last Friday I went to the Apple site and pulled the trigger. Once I completed the order I decided to look around for ideas on external speakers.

To my surprise the first posting I found was about waiting until the new macs come out. My heart sank as the thought really didn't cross my mind. Over the last few days I read everything I could find on the new models trying to decide if I should cancel my order and wait.

I decided to just say screw it and stick with the current model. Even though I just went for it, I still had my doubts until this afternoon.

At first I thought it was my shipping confirmation but as I read on boy was I excited. It was a simple email stating the new models are out and they will configure the new 27" instead of the 2010 one.

I contacted Apple to compare my upgrade options to the new one. The rep. reviewed everything and offered a one time offer to wave the $50.00 overnight shipping for the inconvenience. I said yes of course.

I wanted to share this (somewhat lame store) because it was something posative and because my wife really wouldn't find it all that interesting.

Maybe it was a fluke because they don't have stock on hand to upgrade but I think it was the right thing to do. Thanks Apple!

Congrats on a new Apple and a great deal. I've been waiting for the new Apples for about a month. I'm going to pick ours up Friday at the nearby Apple Store. It's going to be a surprise birthday present for my wife, boy will she be surprised.
    2011-MBP-15 inch-200-8 gigs of ram.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Moved to more appropriate forum.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Louisville, KY - USA
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
    Yep, grats on the new one and the ease in switching to the latest one. Nice to see some gifts given out once in a while.
    MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
    MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
    iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2

Thread Information