New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

powermac G4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I am looking to get a power mac in a few week and i was wondering what i should be looking for with the ppc processors. Are there major issues with them? I have 2 desktop hard drives that will fit the computer and i was wondering how many bays that the computer has? My last question is will an ibook g4 tiger disk work on this computer when i installing the OS cause my neighbor had one and she said that she was able to get hers to work using her ibook disk and i was thinking that would be helpful if it would work cause i have one.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitjetta View Post
I am looking to get a power mac in a few week and i was wondering what i should be looking for with the ppc processors. Are there major issues with them?
Overall not really...but it would help to have more info on what exact model Powermac G4 we are talking about...there were LOTS of different models.

Quote:
I have 2 desktop hard drives that will fit the computer and i was wondering how many bays that the computer has?
Again...it depends on the model Powermac G4.

Quote:
My last question is will an ibook g4 tiger disk work on this computer when i installing the OS cause my neighbor had one and she said that she was able to get hers to work using her ibook disk and i was thinking that would be helpful if it would work cause i have one.
No it won't work.

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

I was looking at the g4 mirrored drive from 2003-2004. this is the model number M8570.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
I was looking at the g4 mirrored drive from 2003-2004. this is the model number M8570.
Thanks for that info.

The Mirror Drive Door Powermac G4:

- can support up to 4 internal hard drives
- was noisier that previous Powermac's due to a lot of fans
- had a different (compared to previous Powermac G4's) more expensive power supply

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

Thanks for the information.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WHERE CAN I GET iMAC MEMORY UPGRADES PLEASE ?? | Warning Startup Disk has no more room »