New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

If you Use Bootcamp on an imac can you play games that you would play on Windows?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iMAC <3

iMAC <3 is on a distinguished road

hey all first post exciting any way ive got an imac and am an avid gamer but due to the lack of games available on apple computers in general i havent been able to purchase the games wanted, and therefore was wondering if bootcamp would let me install games that you would only find on microsoft computers.

thanks...
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Yes, by using Boot Camp to install Windows on your iMac you will be able to play Windows games the same as if you were on a Windows machine. Of course it depends on which iMac you own, how much memory, graphics chipset, etc. it has as to which games will play best.

Each Windows game lists the minimum requirements for play. You can measure your machine against the requirements - same as you would if you had a Windows computer.
QUOTE Thanks
TomServo

TomServo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

And don't make the mistake I made, when I installed Win7 for some odd reason I installed the 32 bit version. Couldn't figure out why only 3.4 GB of RAM was available when I have 12GB. Turns out only the 64 bit version of Win7 will recognize more than that.

I re-installed Win7 64 bit and now I have 12GB of RAM and it improved my gaming snigificantly.

BTW an i3 iMac with a 1 GB graphics card and a ton of RAM is a pretty dam good gamer. Plus I can now work from home using all the PC based software I need.

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

We do have Steam now for the Mac platform. You can also get great deals on there and they have a Easter sale going on now

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac core i3 powersupply | G5 mystery noise »