New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac 27" Faulty Screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Biffo

Biffo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.6.7

I bought an iMac late 2009 24" After about a couple of months, Black streaks or Grey were coming down the top right side. It was sent away,screen replaced. It happened again sent away,screen replaced and one or two other minor faults.
It happened again, so i asked an Amsys plc spokeswoman what should i do, she replied, we can replace the screen again,but i would contact Apple if i were you. I did!!! Apple did not even know about the fault, because Amsys plc is an Apple Retailer. It was that complicated an Apple spokesmen said we will get back to you in a couple of days. Apple spokesmen did! and it was somebody in authority. He apologised, and he offered me an upgrade to the 27" iMac and i said what was the problem with the other one, he said we have stopped making them. I agreed? but guess what! it happened again. The warranty was running out,so i contacted Apple Again. They were being awkward this time,and they bullied me into buying the Apple Care Plan, so i did. Early 2011 Screen was replaced again by Amsys plc. Again the screen has a a Grey streak coming from the top right hand side. Still Ongoing Biffo
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

I have no idea what the exact issue is because I am not that tech savvy. You said you bought applecare...I would go directly to apple, skip the middle man (Amsys pic) and either call apple or go to an apple store. Just my two cents.

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Hi Biffo

I note you are from the UK. Ditto.

I totally agree with bentharbor; ditch the other and deal directly & exclusively with Apple.

You may have felt "bullied" in to buying Apple Care, but it pays off, it really does.

Stick with it and push Apple hard. They always come up trumps in my experience.

Ian
QUOTE Thanks
Biffo

Biffo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.6.7

Amsys plc is Apple`s experts. Apple contacted me and it would be picked up and sent to Amsys plc I have just received it back May 6th They have replaced the screen again,thats the fourth screen thats been fitted. Nothing to do with computers i have a 37" Panasonic HD TV. I have had the TV about 3yrs now, number of screens fitted Zoro. I rest my case
Biffo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 27" Major Upgrade (Late 2009) | Wacom Tablet Driver Issues »