Thread: Help w G4

Help w G4
    Hi all, I'm having a problem. I have a Mirrored Drive G4 Dual 1 Ghz. It seems to start up fine, I get the Mac chime but then nothing. I thought it might be my drive so I tried a start up disk and a repair disk, holding down the "C" key while starting up , get my start up chime but nothing else. I just replaced the Motherboard thinking it might be that but that didn't work either. Any suggestions.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Do ou get the chime and the power button on the front lights up, pulses and then goes out
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Yes, I get chime, fans work and front light stays on, continues like that but nothing comes up and dont hear any disk booting taking place.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Might not be the same problem, but I replaced the motherboard battery on my G4 with those symtoms and the G4 lives on
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    Imac 27", 3.3GHz, 512 flash storage, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    Do as louishen suggests and change the PRAM battery. MDD models are extremely suspectible to this behaviour with a dead PRAM battery.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/BAA36VPRAM/
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Also make sure the graphics card is working - if you're not getting anything on the monitor...

Thread Information