New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

New improved desktops soon?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paid4c4

paid4c4 is on a distinguished road

As I indicated the other day I was at the Apple store on Thursday for a 1 to 1 and to purchase an Apple TV. I ask one of the store employees who I've gotten to know if there would be new model desktops soon. He told me the store employees don't find out about new models until they arrive or are announced by corporate. He then winked and gave me a big grin. I think I'll wait for May10th or so to see what happens.
Bill

2011-MBP-15 inch-200-8 gigs of ram.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Many reports indicate not to buy an iMac now as there is more than likely an update soon, what the update will include is anybody's guess, but i'm willing to put money on Thunderbolt as a definite.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

A winking Apple Store employee. Now there's some proof.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I need a pocket Apple Store employee that throws out grins and winks! I demand the location of this store!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

If he had twitched his nose - I would have been convinced... a wink and a grin alone isn't quite enough, everyone knows that.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

A twitch of the nose would have magically produced the new iMac right there and then, if bewitched is to be believed

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
As I indicated the other day I was at the Apple store on Thursday for a 1 to 1 and to purchase an Apple TV. I ask one of the store employees who I've gotten to know if there would be new model desktops soon. He told me the store employees don't find out about new models until they arrive or are announced by corporate. He then winked and gave me a big grin. I think I'll wait for May10th or so to see what happens.
Bill
Maybe he just thought you were cute?

QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Maybe he just thought you were cute?

Bill, was he cute?
QUOTE Thanks
paid4c4

He wasn't cute to me keeping in mind "alternate life style" means changing from PC to Apple for me. However the associate with him would fall into the cute/wow category. When dealing with rumors a wing and a grin is sometimes all you get, but that's the fun of rumors. We'll wait and see how close May 10th is to being correct, I guess time will tell.
Bill

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
He wasn't cute to me keeping in mind "alternate life style" means changing from PC to Apple for me. However the associate with him would fall into the cute/wow category. When dealing with rumors a wing and a grin is sometimes all you get, but that's the fun of rumors. We'll wait and see how close May 10th is to being correct, I guess time will tell.
Bill
Hehe, well played.
QUOTE Thanks
paid4c4

Looks like the old "wink and grin" was pretty close to being on target give or take 7 days. I'm picking up our 27 inch, 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache on Friday.
Bill

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Looks like the old "wink and grin" was pretty close to being on target give or take 7 days. I'm picking up our 27 inch, 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache on Friday.
Bill
7 days is a LOT OF TIME when it comes to the "rumor mill", accuracy of rumors, and the speed at which info is conveyed theses days.

Congrats on timing things positively for your new iMac purchase. So many times we hear from folks complaining about how they bought something recently...right before the release of new models...and are now upset with Apple!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini is acting weird... | A good idea to re-install OS X Snow Leopard?? »