New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Apple Servise Diagnostics

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

murkins

murkins is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac G4 1.25 17", iMac G4 1.25 20" , iMac MC413 21,5"

Amigos !
Help !
I have the iMac G4 1.25 MHz 20".
Which version Apple Service Diagnostics will be actual for my machine ?
I tried 2.1.5 and 2.1.4 , both "does not support this machine".

Thanks for help.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

G;day and welcome to the forums.

If you mean Apple Hardware Test, version for your iMac is 2.0.2. ASD available to Apple techs only.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
murkins

Thank for answer!
May be you can help me to find this version(2.0.2) AHT ?
E-mail or PM.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkins View Post
Thank for answer!
May be you can help me to find this version AHT ?
E-mail or PM.
(AHT = Apple Hardware Test)...it's not a version.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
murkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
(AHT = Apple Hardware Test)...it's not a version.

- Nick
Be sure, I knew about it!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Be sure, I knew about it!
That may be true...but that's not what you posted earlier (before you edited it)!

Earlier you asked:

"May be you can help me to find this version AHT ?"

Then you modified it to say:

"May be you can help me to find this version(2.0.2) AHT ?"

The version of Apple's Hardware Test you're most likely looking for is included with the 2 gray DVD disks that come with a new Apple computer. The Apple hardware test program is on disk #2. If you do not have these original gray disks...they are hard to find, since the gray disks are model specific. As far as I know...the Apple Hardware Test program (v2.0.2) is not downloadable.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
murkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
That may be true...but that's not what you posted earlier (before you edited it)!

Earlier you asked:

"May be you can help me to find this version AHT ?"

Then you modified it to say:

"May be you can help me to find this version(2.0.2) AHT ?"

The version of Apple's Hardware Test you're most likely looking for is included with the 2 gray DVD disks that come with a new Apple computer. The Apple hardware test program is on disk #2. If you do not have these original gray disks...they are hard to find, since the gray disks are model specific. As far as I know...the Apple Hardware Test program (v2.0.2) is not downloadable.

- Nick
Bro ! Don't waste my time!
If you can't help me to find what I'm looking for, go find a job !
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Don't be smart Nick was trying to help.

You will not find the version of AHT you want outside the original system discs or asking your local Apple Reseller nicely if they can burn a copy of the software to a disc for you. AHT in some versions is in fact downloadable.

http://www.info.apple.com/support/aht.html

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
murkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
AHT in some versions is in fact downloadable.
Apple Hardware Test Images
But not in my case unfortunately
QUOTE Thanks
murkins

I'm still looking for Apple Hardware Test or Apple Service Diagnostics , supports iMac G4 1.25 GHz !
I have no install CD's.
That's why I'm askin' here.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
I'm still looking for Apple Hardware Test or Apple Service Diagnostics , supports iMac G4 1.25 GHz !
I have no install CD's.
That's why I'm askin' here.
Like I mentioned in my earlier post which you dismissed & deemed "not helpful"...the version of the AHT that you're looking for may only be available on the install CD's that shipped with Macintosh computers when they are new.

A number of us have already searched the internet for you...and the only downloadable AHT versions available are the one's Harry linked...and they're all older versions than v2.0.2.

This leaves you with trying to find the EXACT install CD's that shipped with a new iMac G4 1.25ghz...which isn't easy to do...since the disks are not labeled.

This leaves you with two additional options:

- here in the United States...it's possible to contact Apple...and they can possibly send someone a replacement set of these original disks...for a small fee of $15-$20US. Maybe you have a similar possibility at your disposal.
- let us know why you need a copy of AHT 2.0.2. If you're trying to diagnose a problem...maybe we can help or suggest solutions.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
murkins

I need it because I suspect that I have a problem with my HDD.
I get the death screen ("you need to restart your computer") from time to time.
I used the "Rember" for testin' RAM , it says everything is OK.
It's very rare situation in the Russia - to have the iMac G4 with original install CD's .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
I need it because I suspect that I have a problem with my HDD.
I get the death screen ("you need to restart your computer") from time to time.
I used the "Rember" for testin' RAM , it says everything is OK.
It's very rare situation in the Russia - to have the iMac G4 with original install CD's .
It probably would have been better if you had mentioned this at the beginning of this thread...and we could have suggested some possible solutions.

The "You need to restart your computer" message you're getting is called a kernel panic. Most times this is a hardware related problem...and in many many cases it is ram related. But sometimes it can be the logic board, the video hardware, etc.

With an iMac G4 1.25ghz...you are pretty much limited to only being able to replace the ram, the hard drive, and the CD/DVD drive. Everything else (if bad or damaged) pretty much cannot be repaired...you would need a new part.

Do you have any Mac OS CD's/DVD's you can boot this iMac from? If you can boot from a CD/DVD...and NOT get the "You must restart your computer" message...then the problem may be the hard drive. But...if you can boot from a CD/DVD...and you still get the "restart" message...then the problem is something else.

HTH,

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
murkins

All you are LAMO!
ASD 2.3.3 - that's what I've been looking for diagnostic problem with my iMac G4 !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PowerMac Dual 1ghz ?power supply? problem | could i put a Intel Core i7 Quad-core I7-870 2.93GHz in my 2009 27 inch iMac? »