New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Black text changing to white

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kevin_B

Kevin_B is on a distinguished road

I had posted a query re: this a number of months ago, but I am still having the same problem. I am relative newbee to the Mac world, having ditched my PC life about a year ago. I am publishing a newsletter using Pages. I am using the Word Processing format. Foe aesthetics and style, I am creating rectangular Shapes with a light brown colour fill. Within that I am creating a Text box, in which I type my text, in black. I sometimes also have pictures within the text. The final document is then exported as a PDF document, which is then sent off to the great unwashed masses as an attachment.

My problem is that out of a distribution of about 100, I get a few people complaining that they can't read the text. They say it shows up as white text, instead of black. Most if not all the complainants are on PCs. I have a feeling that somehow the problem is caused by the combination of the "Shape" and the "Text box"and layering i-e the text should be "brought forward" or to the front. I have tried this, but jury is still out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Well for one thing, your PC recipients would have to be using one of several PDF viewer applications in order to open and view the document as there is no built in PDF viewer in Windows.

That means either Adobe Acrobat viewer or the free Foxit viewer. Why don't you try to find out what they're using and perhaps you can track it down that way? It seems to me to be an isolated thing and not one that I would worry over.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 27" to TV HELP!! | Need to transfer all images »