New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

My cat changed my iMac display! help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sailingnanc

Sailingnanc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac 1,4 - 20" dual core & MacBook

My cat really did walk on my keyed and pressed some key or combination of keys and reset the resolution on my iMac 4,1 - 20" dual core running OS 10.6.6. Now everything is too big no and matter what resolution I choose in the display window of sys prefs, I can't get it back to normal. I also have a second display hooked up and that's wrong too! hope someone out there can help.
QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

roflitskyle has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD

Does it looked zoomed in?

- Kyle
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

It is beginning to look like we really do need a sticky titled, "My Cat Walked on my Keyboard!"

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
It is beginning to look like we really do need a sticky titled, "My Cat Walked on my Keyboard!"
Agreed, either the cat changed the color, or the resolution. Haha

- Kyle
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

The fact that changing the display resolution has no effect makes me wonder if it might be one of the accessibility settings for the visually impaired that got accessed.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingnanc View Post
My cat really did walk on my keyed and pressed some key or combination of keys and reset the resolution on my iMac 4,1 - 20" dual core running OS 10.6.6. Now everything is too big no and matter what resolution I choose in the display window of sys prefs, I can't get it back to normal. I also have a second display hooked up and that's wrong too! hope someone out there can help.
Nothing surprising about this...we hear about cat problems all the time!!!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Sailingnanc

Yes, it does look larger than it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflitskyle View Post
Does it looked zoomed in?

- Kyle
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Yes, it does look larger than it should be.
What most likely happened is...the cat stepped on the correct keys to turn on screen "zoom. Go to:

- Apple Menu
- System Preferences
- Universal Access
- set "Zoom" to off

Hope this corrects it,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Sailingnanc

Nick, you did it! You figured it out. Thank you soooo much! Now, what to do with the very bad kitty?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I was going to ask what kind of cat it was, but it looks like you fixed the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Nick, you did it! You figured it out. Thank you soooo much! Now, what to do with the very bad kitty?
The cat's not at fault, it's the cat's owner. Put your keyboard on a keyboard tray, and slide it under the desk's top. If that's not possible, build yourself a drawer large enough to put the keyboard in. Turn the drawer upside down and place it over the keyboard. It has to be made of a material strong enough to support the weight of the cat.
QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
The cat's not at fault, it's the cat's owner. Put your keyboard on a keyboard tray, and slide it under the desk's top. If that's not possible, build yourself a drawer large enough to put the keyboard in. Turn the drawer upside down and place it over the keyboard. It has to be made of a material strong enough to support the weight of the cat.
But this takes effort

- Kyle
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Now, what to do with the very bad kitty?
Get him - her their own Mac to avoid any future CATastrophe.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Get him - her their own Mac to avoid any future CATastrophe.
How very CATchy of you.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

just wanted to chip in here and say that ctrl + scroll is the key command for this.

dunno how it managed to work your mouse at the same time....

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« sonnet tango compatibility with 2008 mac pro running mavericks | Another Horse In the Stable »