New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

New iMac 2011

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Quiggers

Quiggers is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an iMac soon and was wondering if anyone has any info on the iMac which is supposed to be released in 2011.
Any info on price, release date, specs, monitor sizes would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Quiggers
QUOTE Thanks
Quiggers

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy an iMac soon and was wondering if anyone has any info on the iMac which is supposed to be released in 2011.
Any info on price, release date, specs, monitor sizes would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Quiggers
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

No info at this point.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You will be lucky

Apple will announce a new imac when they wat to, everything else will be just rumour.

There is likely to be a refresh, maybe with sandybridge processors but who knows

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

Merge threads. Please don't crosspost.

QUOTE Thanks
Quiggers

Thanks very much. Any idea on a possible release date.
I figure it's worth holding out to get the sandybridge processor and lion.

Quiggers
QUOTE Thanks
Quiggers

Sorry I didn't realise I was crosposting
My apologies

Quiggers
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
Thanks very much. Any idea on a possible release date.
No one is able to tell you for certain when new models are coming out until Apple actually announces a date. However, there are some sites that try to guess based on previous hardware refreshes.

A great one is the Macrumors Buying Guide:
Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

The best rule of thumb is if you need a new computer and the current models meet your needs go for it. If you're not in a rush and choose to wait for the next refresh, you can do that. Either choice is ultimately up to you.

There will always be the next new version, so waiting indefinitely is often not worth it.

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiggers View Post
There's no reason to "hold out" for Lion. Lion is the next version of the Mac OS...and if you bought an iMac tomorrow...I'm 99.9999% sure Lion will install on it.

Your original post said, "I'm looking to buy an iMac soon..." This implies that you need a new computer...so just get it. If you can wait...then wait. But there's no guarantees how long that wait will be...or if new iMac models will be worth the wait.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Migraine

Migraine is on a distinguished road

I'm also wondering what Apple will offer on the next iMac update, Thunderbolt? Fortunately I can wait to see what happens this summer with Lion's release. For myself, I want to buy my next Mac when the new OS is released. Hate to pay an extra hundred dollars and possible software compatibility problems too. Of course not everyone can wait and I understand.

Hopefully all of the yellow screen problems of the past have been fixed (not sure if this is still a problem or not?).
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
I'm also wondering what Apple will offer on the next iMac update, Thunderbolt? Fortunately I can wait to see what happens this summer with Lion's release. For myself, I want to buy my next Mac when the new OS is released. Hate to pay an extra hundred dollars and possible software compatibility problems too. Of course not everyone can wait and I understand.

Hopefully all of the yellow screen problems of the past have been fixed (not sure if this is still a problem or not?).
Well, I didn't have patience to wait and got an i7 27" a few days ago. Don't see any yellow tinge. The screen is beautiful!
QUOTE Thanks
Phacade

Phacade will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM

I was thinking about waiting too, but since I need a computer (my old computer is literally smoking), I chose to do it now. The fact that I got a deal on a refurb only sweetened the pot.

21" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac "Sputnik" ■ 12GB Crucial RAM ■ Monsoon flat-panel speakers ■ HP P1006 LaserJet printer ■ Full Keyboard ■ Canoscan 9000F flatbed scanner ■ ...and then of course me (being a narcissist, I consider this to be the most important mod).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powermac G5 question | $52 saved: Refurb iMac i5 or New iMac i3? »