New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Adding movies to itunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jkt

Jkt is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I'm new to Macs and have a question in hopes to be answered. If I have a DVD movie and want to add it to my iTunes collection...what is the process and what Programs do I need to successfully copy the movie from a disc to iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

you can use Handbrake to rip un copy protected movies to itunes.

for copy protected movies, you are gonna have to scour the darker side of the web, as we arent allowed to discuss here.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Handbrake as their own forum and a wiki with instructions. Go look at their site and you will find all you need.

QUOTE Thanks
quiksilverboy

quiksilverboy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I dont own one yet

also, there is a cool little utility out there called "identify" that will put the video cover poster frame on the movie, (album art) and all the other bits and pieces that go into the video tag data - movie rating, actors, directors, plot summary, etc etc from the IMDB website, and changed the mp4 to a m4v file, so you can drag it straight into itunes and it appears in your library.

quiksilverboy
"yew"
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

If you have other video files, such as .avi, .mkv, etc then I suggest downloading the free app from the App Store called Miro Video Converter. It will convert anything you have to be compatible with any device you have.

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I tried to be an Apple expert and need some help. | Powermac G5 question »