Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
    Which motherboard?
    I'm trying to find the tech specs of the new Mac Pros, but can't find what the motherboard is. Does anyone know?
    -Matt

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    What is it exactly that you're trying to find out about the new Mac Pro motherboard tech specs? The motherboard (logic board) is proprietary to Apple; in other words, it's designed by them and built specifically for the Mac Pro. I'm not sure they publish the tech specs for the board - perhaps a service manual is where you could find info. That is, if you can find a service manual for the new Mac Pro.

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    Really, i was told that Asus makes the Apple motherboards, but Apple just brands it with their logo.
    -Matt

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    And what motherboard does Asus use as I was told they are made by Dell and re-badged? This goes on and on.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    I'm just asking a question, you don't have to be a jerk, if you don't have anything constructive to say, then why bother answering?
    -Matt

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
    Really, i was told that Asus makes the Apple motherboards, but Apple just brands it with their logo.
    ASUS has made products for Apple, but they're not just rebranded ASUS boards. They're designed by Apple and ASUS manufactures them. Basically the work is just farmed out.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    Oh ok, I stand corrected then. I saw people using Gigabyte motherboards to replace theirs when their Mac Pros die. I was looking to build an exact replica of one for half the cost of buying it form Apple, but the more i look into it, it looks too risky and may not be worth it.
    -Matt

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by mknabster View Post
    Oh ok, I stand corrected then. I saw people using Gigabyte motherboards to replace theirs when their Mac Pros die. I was looking to build an exact replica of one for half the cost of buying it form Apple, but the more i look into it, it looks too risky and may not be worth it.
    Sounds like a quasi-Hackintosh project.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    Yea it would be if i had more knowledge on the subject I think, my MBP is starting to die, like my 2nd battery is dead, 2nd superdrive is dead, and my screen is showing signs of the backlight shining upwards in certain spots.
    -Matt

Which motherboard?
    Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    And it was not a smart answer.

Gigabyte and Pegratron are building more and more motherboards for different brands, with the latter using better quality Fujitsu brand made in Japan capacitors. So who knows where the manufacturers are purchasing motherboards from.

Also Intel also supply motherboards which may well be manufactured for them under license.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information