New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Help!!! Panel in imac 21.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shroppy

Shroppy is on a distinguished road

Please help i cannot afford an imac but would like to know which Panel goes in the current imac 21.5 and if there is a monitor in production which uses that panel that would also be very useful

Thanks in advance
Shroppy
QUOTE Thanks
bentharbour

bentharbour has a spectacular aura about

I am not an expert by any means, but I believe Apple makes all their own displays - so the only way to get your hands on one is by purchasing an apple product. So one of the iMac's or Cinema Displays. Maybe look into buying used/refurbished? of either the apple store or ebay or something?

 15" MBPr (2012): 2.3Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD  24" Apple Cinema Display  iPhone 5 16GB Black  iPad 2 16GB White
QUOTE Thanks
Shroppy

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Shroppy

anyone else?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Apple doesn't make the display panels..virtually all the panels come up big names like Toshiba, Sharp, LG or NEC..

The 27" LED Cinema display is the same as the one that goes into the 27" iMac. Apple doesn't have a 21.5" LED Cinema display..

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? If you can't afford the 21.5" iMac, then you can grab a Mac Mini and ANY display to connect to it..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Shroppy

I wanT to know which panel goes in the imac 21.5 so i can find out if that panel goes into another monitor, then i will buy that.
I want to know this because I like the screen and its clarity but would prefer not to hqve to buy the whole thing to get it
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

To get the clarity of the Apple displays, you want to look for LCD's that are based on IPS.

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
John T

John T will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 21.5in iMac

For what it's worth, I remember reading that they were made by LG.
QUOTE Thanks
Shroppy

thanks i will have a look for an ips monitor
oh and one more thing it must have a hdmi input
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is my Imac ok? | Search funtion problem using upper/lowercase on an iMac »