New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Broken Keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrMacMan56

MrMacMan56 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB

HI Guys,

I could really do with your help. I just broke my Apple Wireless Keyboard I dropped it and the E key broke off with the bracket inside. I don't want my parents to find out they will go nuts! Here is a picture of the part I need:

Where can I get one from guys? I do not want to have to buy a whole new keyboard. At the moment I have the E key balancing on the keyboard
Or if one of you guys have one I am prepared to pay.

Let me know ASAP
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

See them on eBay all the time, but there may be places online to, UK or US? I'm guessing US?

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB

Hi,

Amateur question what would it be named as? LOL
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

Try superglue? (Carefully, v small amount?)

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Knowing Apple it'll have a number, but I would call it a key clip or something like that.

Aha, just looked on eBay here and key clip it is!

APPLE key clip keyboard hinge MACBOOK / PRO / AIR on eBay (end time 21-Mar-11 16:27:20 GMT)

Edit> Glue is not a good idea, it needs to move freely.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Sometimes, the Apple Stores will fix these for free.
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

Hi,

I would take it into the store. When I go on Friday though I have to take my magic mouse! it stopped clicking So if I take the keyboard in at the same time they will get suspicious
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External Hard drive appears in Disk Utility, not in Finder | Best G4 Tower for upgrades? »