New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Imac 27 inch box

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DUNDALKSPUR

DUNDALKSPUR is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC

Hi - I want to buy an IMAC 27 inch and was wondering how big the package was .
I am wondering if I can bring it home with me on a plane or do I need to bring it home via ship(next time I am on a cruise) .
Thanks .
QUOTE Thanks
ClockworkWorld

ClockworkWorld has a spectacular aura about

It's... pretty big. I can't measure mine right now, I'm not where I have access to it. But it's quite large, and very heavy. It's been ages since I have flown, so I can't say much about that. It would likely be much cheaper to ship it, I would think, but perhaps not

Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
50voltphantom

50voltphantom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB

They're large machines. I would just buy one when I got home, or have it shipped directly to the desired location.

Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM 500 GB HD OS 10.6.8 Magic Trackpad- eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 Grape 400 MHz 1GB RAM 40GB HD OS 10.4.11 iSub - iPad 2 16GB - iPod Classic 120 GB - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen 1GB - Apple TV 2
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Get it shipped it's roughly 4' x 1' x 3' high and weighs 10kg.

I had to lug it 500 yds from the car park to the Apple store when it went to have it's hard disk replaced and that was quite far enough.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
lucky7

lucky7 is on a distinguished road

+1, have it shipped. i had to carry mine with 2 hands leaving the store, and it dragged on the floor. haha. it wont fit under your seat or in the overhead, so you'd have to check it for sure.

almost forgot i had this picture lying around. snapped it before moving it to school.
my sister owns the 21.5". it doesn't appear to be much bigger, but it is.

-27" iMac. Core 2 Duo, 1TB HD, 4GB Ram.
-13" MacBook Pro. Core 2 Duo, 250GB HD, 4GB Ram.
-iPhone 3GS 32GB.
-AirPort Extreme.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNDALKSPUR View Post
Hi - I want to buy an IMAC 27 inch and was wondering how big the package was .
I am wondering if I can bring it home with me on a plane or do I need to bring it home via ship(next time I am on a cruise) .
Thanks .
Lots of advice above. However, from your post I'm assuming you're wanting to buy it from the US and take it back with you to the UK. Have you thought about how much VAT and possible import tax you would have to pay when bringing it on home? It may wind up being the same or little difference in price if you bought it in the UK - and it would certainly be much less of a drag getting it home.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« can't log into microsoft messenger mac | sleep mode not functioning since snow leopard upgrade... »