New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Bootcamp Partition Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TomServo

TomServo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

Need to install Windows for work related tasks. I will use Bootcamp to partition my iMAC's HD. I just bought Win7 Home Premium. I've watched several YouTube video's on how to do the partition and install seems so easy a Caveman could do it. But I still have some questions:

1. Should I discover down the road I need to increase the size of the partition, can I go back and re-size the partition?

2. Should I ever want to fully uninstall Win7 can I delete or resize the partition like it was never there?

Thanks

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Need to install Windows for work related tasks. I will use Bootcamp to partition my iMAC's HD. I just bought Win7 Home Premium. I've watched several YouTube video's on how to do the partition and install seems so easy a Caveman could do it. But I still have some questions:

1. Should I discover down the road I need to increase the size of the partition, can I go back and re-size the partition?
Yes. Paragon makes a product called "CampTune", that makes this relatively simple. Otherwise, it will require some backing up with a program like WinClone and rebuilding the partition.

Quote:
2. Should I ever want to fully uninstall Win7 can I delete or resize the partition like it was never there?

Thanks

Tom
Yep. Boot Camp Assistant will revert it back to a single partition with ease.

But before you go through this, I would strongly recommend you look at installing Windows via a virtualization product like VMWare Fusion, Parallels Desktop or VirtualBox (each has their pros and cons). But it makes it far more flexible and you don't have to reboot.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini Question | Memory upgrade on imac 2011 »