New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Question about window sizing between apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TomServo

TomServo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

When I open Mail it fills the screen, when I open Safari it opens it at about 50%. Is there some setting I screwed up that causes this behavior?

Thanks

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Most apps will open at the same size they were the last time you quit the app.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
TomServo

Mac Specs: 27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Most apps will open at the same size they were the last time you quit the app.
That worked but by dragging the Safari window almost all the way open all it did is display more white space that image. I open CNN and the data only fills a fraction of the BIG window. Is this normal? I bought the 27" iMAC for its screen size.

Thanks again for being patient with a newb.

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That will depend on the individual web site. Some sites, like mac-forums, will enlarge to whatever size you make the window. Some won't. All depends on how they have set up their site and nothing much you can do about it beside using the zoom function.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Use the green button. I expands a window to show its content, not a white border around the page. As bobtomay implies, some web pages might be set up such that you need to scroll no matter what size your screen is.
QUOTE Thanks
TomServo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
That will depend on the individual web site. Some sites, like mac-forums, will enlarge to whatever size you make the window. Some won't. All depends on how they have set up their site and nothing much you can do about it beside using the zoom function.
I've learned the Command + trick and use it on over 75% of the web sites I frequent. But often the text gets all jumbled and can only increase the size so far.

Tom
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IMAC INTEL HD problem | Minor Gripe »