New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

imac jumps to other pages in safari without clicking mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MooseCow

MooseCow is on a distinguished road

I'm having a periodic problem...occasionally my imac jumps to the previous page without my telling it to. For example: in safari, I've moved the Magic Mouse to the top left of the screen - but b4 I click the arrow to go back a page it does it on it's own. (Or once, Aperture 3 close on it's own when I moved the Magic Mouse to the top left area...but never clicked anything.) Any ideas what is going on?
QUOTE Thanks
the awakening

the awakening is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid 2010 27" iMac 2.8GHz i5, 4GB, 1TB HDD, 1GB Radeon HD 5750

Are you accidentally 2-finger swiping to the left in Safari? That is the Magic Mouse gesture to go to the last webpage. As for the Aperture incident, I'm not too sure. The only mouse-related cause of that I could think of is if you have tap-to-click enabled. However, in order for you to do that, you'd have to have the app BetterTouchTool installed.
QUOTE Thanks
lulin5

lulin5 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have the same problem with my imac. sometimes it jumps even when am not touching the mouse. It happens when I am playing scrabble or just looking at a webpage. Is it a problem with the mouse or the imac? Sometimes, it returns to the top site page and opens another page.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac Punishment | Cant run repair disk permissions?! »