New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

imac power pc g4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smiler52

smiler52 is on a distinguished road

hi all im still new to mac sorry if this is in the wrong place i got my imac power pc g4 3.3 1ghz from ebay today i put the but when i put the airport extreme in i get this messege You need to restart your computer.Hold down the Power button etc etc as soon as i remove it it boots fine do i have the wrong card thanks
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiler52 View Post
hi all im still new to mac sorry if this is in the wrong place i got my imac power pc g4 3.3 1ghz from ebay today i put the but when i put the airport extreme in i get this messege You need to restart your computer.Hold down the Power button etc etc as soon as i remove it it boots fine do i have the wrong card thanks
Maybe you could restate the situation with a little more detail...as well as use some punctuation in your post (such as periods)...so that your message is a little easier to read & understand.

Thanks,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MacMan886

MacMan886 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2012 Mini - 2.5GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 250GB HD

If I am correct, you are saying that when you install your AirPort Extreme card into your iMac, you get a kernel panic, correct?

Does it panic upon startup or after you boot into OS X?

It seems that the card is most likely defective. Try a different card and see if it works properly, if not, it may be a logic board problem.

-William
Late 2012 Mini - 2.5GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 256GB HD, Yosemite
QUOTE Thanks
smiler52

smiler52 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan886 View Post
If I am correct, you are saying that when you install your AirPort Extreme card into your iMac, you get a kernel panic, correct?

Does it panic upon startup or after you boot into OS X?

It seems that the card is most likely defective. Try a different card and see if it works properly, if not, it may be a logic board problem.
upon start up
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please help - square wont leave desktop! | iMac G4 video lines »