New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Mini monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lewis_d

Can you use a mac mini with a regular VGA monitor. My Uncle has a Dell monitor laying around and If I get a mac mini can I use it w/ my mini instead of buying a 14 hudred monitor!!!!!! I don' kneed a special cinema HD monitor or a Flat pannel monitor from WalMart or some thing else? Would I kneed any thing special?? Like an adapter????
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

The mac mini comes with a DVI-VGA adaptor. It will work right out of the box :p

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
lewis_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by macEfan
The mac mini comes with a DVI-VGA adaptor. It will work right out of the box :p

cool, I have a g3 Clamshell I book for sale!
QUOTE Thanks
Biturbo V12 AMG

I use my old dell monitor with my mini. the only problem is people who dont know that the small box sitting on the desk is a computer always ask how i am using apples OS and where is the dell computer. of course i kindly point to the mini and they always freak out saying "thats a computer wow"
QUOTE Thanks
lewis_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbo V12 AMG
I use my old dell monitor with my mini. the only problem is people who dont know that the small box sitting on the desk is a computer always ask how i am using apples OS and where is the dell computer. of course i kindly point to the mini and they always freak out saying "thats a computer wow"

LOL!!!! Thats what I want to do!!! Does the mini have Tiger (10.4) on it from apple? Is any body interested in a G3 64mb Orange Clamshell iBook? It has 10.1 and 9.2.1 & will sell w/ airport!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough

All minis shipping now have 10.4

Report offensive posts
QUOTE Thanks
lewis_d

Nice.

What are all the new features for 10.4

Im stuck on 10.1
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

Dashboard-a cool feature that has endless choices. It is made up of simple programs. There are calculators, weather forcasters, games, translaters-the list goes on and on. Anyway, they are called widgits. You can download over 500 of them on the apple site.

Spotlight- Used for ultra-fast searching through your files. Searches your hard drive inside and out.

Here is a cool list of others you may want to look at:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/over200.html

Cheers!

Report offensive posts
QUOTE Thanks
Biturbo V12 AMG

really the best thing about tiger is spotlight. widgets get old after a while and will lag the poor mini down.
QUOTE Thanks
dogboy443

dogboy443 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel

I have a Mini and hooked up my cheap-O PC monitor. It worked great and everything looked nice. I thought I would upgrade and picked up a used Apple Studio Display ADC CRT from ebay. Great monitor but the Apple site said I needed the DVI/ADC adapter. Expensive adapter but I got it any way. Well...the monitor didn't work. It wasn't getting enough juice. I took the adapter the local Apple store and their tech confirmed that the Mini doesn't crank out enough juice to run the Display. The Apple support site was wrong. Time for a refund! :confused:

Lets Be Bad Guys.
QUOTE Thanks
validpretense

validpretense is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis_d
LOL!!!! Thats what I want to do!!! Does the mini have Tiger (10.4) on it from apple? Is any body interested in a G3 64mb Orange Clamshell iBook? It has 10.1 and 9.2.1 & will sell w/ airport!!!!
What's the iBook processor speed?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis_d
Can you use a mac mini with a regular VGA monitor. My Uncle has a Dell monitor laying around and If I get a mac mini can I use it w/ my mini instead of buying a 14 hudred monitor!!!!!! I don' kneed a special cinema HD monitor or a Flat pannel monitor from WalMart or some thing else? Would I kneed any thing special?? Like an adapter????
The monitors on the apple site are geared torwds people who own a powerbook or powermac, they are not for the people who are buying a mini because if you are buying a mini chances are you would not make that purchase because a iMac is about the same price as the mini and the screen and they keyboards and mice and it is a much more powerfull machine considering it has the G5 and the mini only had a G4.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost the roundness | B&W G3 DVD player won't work »