New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Error 4HDD/11/40000000 : SATA(0,0)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vodoochild81

vodoochild81 is on a distinguished road

I have been having issues with my mac and I did a hardware test and i got this error 4HDD/11/40000000 : SATA(0,0)

Apple said that is in references to the connection of my hard drive and my computer...It could be the actual hard drive or my actual logic board.

I am out of warranty so I can't take it to the Apple Store to be fixed so one way I figured of trouble shooting is...

I have two other 1.5 tera HDs in that computer. They are not full but have important data. Could I install a small leopard partition on one of those drives, and if it boots okay and runs smoothly then I know its that particular drive, and i will replace it. If it runs terribly then I know its a bigger problem.

Is that possible do like a 200 gig partition and then easily just erase it after? Will it let me do that? Can u have multiple leopard partitions on one machine? How do I go about doing this? I only created a partition via bootcamp in the past. Do I create the partition first or do I boot from the install disks and it gives me the option. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Symon52

Symon52 is on a distinguished road

Hi
Did you have any luck sorting this error out

I did a hardware test on my iMac and I'm getting the same error code

I haven't got a spare hdd so I'm not sure if I want to risk buying a new one just to find out its the Logic board and basically scrapping the whole thing
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i-Mac camera problem. | setting up Powermac G4? »