New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Holographic display?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wiggin1605

I just herd from my close friend one of the top developers at apple that they are working on the New iMac and it will have the same base but a holographic display.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

LOL... maybe as a idea to toy around.. but very doubtful.

The only way I would know how to make a holographic display that has enuf contrast and non transparent would be have a globe-mirror projection.. but if you moved your head away from the viewing hole.. yud get no picture... (its on the idea of a projection screen). But aside from that no idea how it would be possible.
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggin1605
I just herd from my close friend one of the top developers at apple that they are working on the New iMac and it will have the same base but a holographic display.

I highly doubt that, if they did it would make the iMac WAY too expensive, and thats the last thing apple needs, to make their hardware more expensive. I would expect to see 3rd party monitors of the type before apple adopts it for an entire line of machines.
QUOTE Thanks
Johnho

Perhaps they are considering a 3D display rather than a Holographic one. Several are on the market currently although they tend to be a bit pricey.
QUOTE Thanks
wiggin1605

yes johnho thats whats iwas saying. sorry when i said holographic display im not saying a 2D display that would look like it was 3D. Im saying that there will be no screen there at all just air an that there wil be projected form the base into the air a diplay that will be in 3-Demantions.

P.S. pardon my spelling im in a rush.
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggin1605
yes johnho thats whats iwas saying. sorry when i said holographic display im not saying a 2D display that would look like it was 3D. Im saying that there will be no screen there at all just air an that there wil be projected form the base into the air a diplay that will be in 3-Demantions.

P.S. pardon my spelling im in a rush.
That is not what a 3D display is though, iirc. It is doubtful that Apple would put something that isnt in wide use in their entry level equipment. Maybe in the future for a powermac, as those are top end workstations purchased by people who have the money to spend, where the imac is more targeted for normal users. I highly doubt that apple would put something of that sort in, as it is EXPENSIVE, something apple doesnt need to do to get people to buy imacs. If the imac had some kind of holographic display (which is what you are describing) they would cost more than a G5 with a 23" monitor. I highly doubt apple would so something to decrease their marketshare further.
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

i think this sprouted from the strange patent apple applied for

QUOTE Thanks
wiggin1605

ok i finally found what i am thinking it looks like have any of you seen the movie: The first 20 million is the hardest to make ? the last part of the movie shows the emagic its has a display just like what im think ing it will be like.
QUOTE Thanks
wiggin1605

gota go teacher looks mad at me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virtual PC 4!!!! I'm pulling my hair out!!! | G4 not powering on »