wiggin1605
    Holographic display?
    I just herd from my close friend one of the top developers at apple that they are working on the New iMac and it will have the same base but a holographic display.

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    LOL... maybe as a idea to toy around.. but very doubtful.

The only way I would know how to make a holographic display that has enuf contrast and non transparent would be have a globe-mirror projection.. but if you moved your head away from the viewing hole.. yud get no picture... (its on the idea of a projection screen). But aside from that no idea how it would be possible.

hokiethang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggin1605
    I just herd from my close friend one of the top developers at apple that they are working on the New iMac and it will have the same base but a holographic display.

I highly doubt that, if they did it would make the iMac WAY too expensive, and thats the last thing apple needs, to make their hardware more expensive. I would expect to see 3rd party monitors of the type before apple adopts it for an entire line of machines.

Johnho
    Perhaps they are considering a 3D display rather than a Holographic one. Several are on the market currently although they tend to be a bit pricey.

wiggin1605
    yes johnho thats whats iwas saying. sorry when i said holographic display im not saying a 2D display that would look like it was 3D. Im saying that there will be no screen there at all just air an that there wil be projected form the base into the air a diplay that will be in 3-Demantions.

P.S. pardon my spelling im in a rush.

hokiethang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggin1605
    yes johnho thats whats iwas saying. sorry when i said holographic display im not saying a 2D display that would look like it was 3D. Im saying that there will be no screen there at all just air an that there wil be projected form the base into the air a diplay that will be in 3-Demantions.

P.S. pardon my spelling im in a rush.
    That is not what a 3D display is though, iirc. It is doubtful that Apple would put something that isnt in wide use in their entry level equipment. Maybe in the future for a powermac, as those are top end workstations purchased by people who have the money to spend, where the imac is more targeted for normal users. I highly doubt that apple would put something of that sort in, as it is EXPENSIVE, something apple doesnt need to do to get people to buy imacs. If the imac had some kind of holographic display (which is what you are describing) they would cost more than a G5 with a 23" monitor. I highly doubt apple would so something to decrease their marketshare further.

Specs:
    G52x1.81.53208x+/-
    i think this sprouted from the strange patent apple applied for

wiggin1605
    Ever seen?
    ok i finally found what i am thinking it looks like have any of you seen the movie: The first 20 million is the hardest to make ? the last part of the movie shows the emagic its has a display just like what im think ing it will be like.

wiggin1605
    gota go teacher looks mad at me

Thread Information