New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

one year old I-Mac very slow on-line all of a sudden

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

marcygs

marcygs is on a distinguished road

I have a I-Mac with a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3. Bought it Jan. 2010. It is running extremely slow on-line going from one site to another and even within sites. Have reset my browser and emptied temporary folders and history. Any other suggestions? Tried using Apple express for support to no avail. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

How are your download and upload speeds? Are you getting what you're paying for? Do a speed check on your connection by going here. Post back results and we'll go from there.

The slow going from web site to web site could also be related to a DNS problem but we need to check speeds first.
QUOTE Thanks
kamyio

kamyio is on a distinguished road

Macs have this weird thing where they really slow down at random points in their lives, no matter what your doing. What I did was bought an external HDD which I use for all my files, the internal drive I keep restrictedly for only applications and the OS. Maybe try that out!
QUOTE Thanks
Hornhonker

Hornhonker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mini, 24" Cinema Display

When it appears my Mac slows I open a terminal window and use the top
utility to show system processes and the amount of cpu load on each.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wmv on a MBP? | One remote to control them all! »