New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

New Here...Have a question about an iMac...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ElleMarie

ElleMarie is on a distinguished road

Okay, so I found your site via Google...I'm looking to purchase an iMac but can't afford to buy a new one...found this AD on CL and I'm just wondering if it's a good deal or not...can't seem to find a price on what these are going for "used" assuming it is in good (mint) condition.

Help?

THANK YOU!

They're asking $2100...

iMac with 2TB of memory, 8GB ram, 21.5" display & more!

Quote:
This is for a 21.5" iMac with a gorgeous HD display, extra software, and TONS of memory!!

Here are the specs:

21.5 inch HD display
2 TB of memory (I have not come anywhere close to filling it! So much space!)
8 GB of ram
3.33 Ghz processor
Upgraded video card
Wireless Keyboard
Wireless Magic Mouse
Includes iLife 11
Includes Adobe Photoshop CS5 & Lightroom 3 preinstalled.
Apple Care (3 year extended care) included.

If you haven't worked on one of these before, you will be blown away. Such an amazing computer, so compact and clean looking, and so efficient. You will love it!!
Email right away if you are interested.
Thank you!
kat
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

MrMacMan56 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB

Hi,

I have to say that is a very high spec iMac! especially for a 21.5" I have a 500GB with 4 GD Ram
Mine is extremely quick!
What do you want to use the computer for it may be a little high spec for what you want it for!

I do not think that Mac is standard they do not some with a 2TB memory!

Here are some options of brand new ones that you could afford!

iMac - Buy iMac desktop computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

Even the 27" High spec is cheaper than the mac you are looking at!

if you want my advice buy brand new you then have the re-assurance of the full 12 month warranty And Applecare are amazing trust me!

Cheers,

Matt
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Just the 21.5" iMac with 8GB of memory and 2TB of Harddrive (what the poster is calling 'memory' and is wrong about) goes for about $1849 brand new from Apple. The video card, wireless keyboard and mouse come for that price..

iLife is comprised of iPhoto ($14.99), iMovie ($14.99) and GarageBadnd ($14.99) all prices from the Mac App Store..

Now Adobe Photoshop CS5 is $699, and Lightroom 3 is $299.

Apple Care extended to 3 year is $169.

So $1849 + ($14.99 x 3) + $699 + $299 + $169 = $3060.97

So assuming that the Photoshop and Lightroom are legit (you will WANT to confirm with a physical CD or a serial number you can verify with Adobe), then the $2100 price is about $900 less than what he paid for everything..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
ElleMarie

Okay, so that lady wouldn't lower the price so I found another one.

Im looking to buy an iMac and a MacBook or MacBook Pro

This is a good computer/deal?

MacBook 13" Core Duo 2.0Ghz 500GB HD 2GB RAM - OBO

MacBook 13" Core Duo 2.0Ghz 500GB HD 2GB RAM

Price $500 OBO

MacBook 13" Mid 2007 model
2.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
2GB of RAM
500 GB HD 5400 rpm
Built in iSight Video Camera
NEW Keyboard and Display bezel

Battery life: 4.5 hours

Accessories:
Battery Charger
Apple Remote (White)
Tiger OS Disc
Manual

Cosmetics:
Normal wear and tear.

If you click on the link there's pictures... thank you so much for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Maybe I'm just suspicious by nature but this looks too much to me like an end run around the rules regarding posting items for sale here.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Maybe I'm just suspicious by nature but this looks too much to me like an end run around the rules regarding posting items for sale here.
Not in my opinion. She's looking to buy and asking advice, not trying to sell something.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

You've got more experience at this than me, so you are probably right. It just looked to me a lot like someone posing as seeking advice for an excuse to post links to external sales site.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

That's a four year old computer - I'm thinking $500 is high, but maybe not. Double check the specs and manufacturing date. If it's a Core Duo, it would be manufactured early 2006, as Apple upgraded to Core 2 Duo late 2006. If it's a Core Duo, then it's more than 4 years old, and definitely not worth the $500.

The title says Core Duo, the specs say Core 2 Duo, which would fall in line with the stated manufacture date.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I'd never buy a computer on CL or E-bay. Too many chances of something being wrong with it that you can't see. I'd strongly recommend Apple's refurbished store. Guaranteed to be good as new and in perfect working order. Can't beat it - even comes with standard first year coverage.
Refurbished Mac - Apple Store (U.S.)

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

To my way of thinking this would be a great buy:-

Refurbished iMac 21.5-inch 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor - Apple Store (U.S.)

Refurbished come with the full twelve months warranty and you can take up Applecare for a three year warranty, at a price, if you wish. That way you have three years protection and the Apple warranty.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
ElleMarie

Nope, not selling anything. Just never owned a Mac before and no one at the Mac store wants to help me! I have to make an appointment!!!

Anyway, you're right. As much as I want to save the money, I'm not going to buy it on CL or eBay. I'm looking at those links for the refurbished site you posted! Thank you!!

Basically, I want two things. One, an iMac with at least a 1TB (would consider 500gb) hard drive. Fairly fast but doesn't have to be lightning although it would be nice. And a MacBook around the same idea but I don't care with the memory as much on that one. With the laptop, I want a 250gb or more, but again, don't want to spend excess just for more hard drive space.

Also, I'd like them to be fairly recent just because I'd be afraid to have outdated stuff and not even know what to do with it or how to use it.

Thanks, checking out that refurbished site now!

This one a good deal? Says its 26% off...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC...co=MTU0Mzg0NTQ

Or this one considering its a 27"...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB...co=MTU3ODU5MzY
QUOTE Thanks
ElleMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
To my way of thinking this would be a great buy:-

Refurbished iMac 21.5-inch 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor - Apple Store (U.S.)

Refurbished come with the full twelve months warranty and you can take up Applecare for a three year warranty, at a price, if you wish. That way you have three years protection and the Apple warranty.
So is this one a great buy or is this MacBook just outdated considering the MacBook Pro is out?

Refurbished MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Apple Store (U.S.)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

All of those are pretty good prices considering they come with factory warranty.
Personally, think the one Harry linked to is the better buy - newer model with the i3 CPU and much better graphics card.

The MacBook Pro has always been out. The MB and MBP are two different models.
Must consider with the MB, there is no firewire port if that is something you will need for connecting a video camera.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i think my brand new 21" imac is crooked? | Mac mini RAM & HDD upgrade - what to choose? »