New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iTunes Library Gone Mad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrMacMan56

MrMacMan56 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I imported 3 CD's and very CD was from the same album!, What I found is that the songs are scattered out over about 10 albums! I tried playing about with all of the matching options etc. Itunes has made them into separate albums ranging from 1 song up to 6! And this is really annoying as all I can see all over my library is the same album artwork and it is very annoying!
I have contacted iTunes support and apparantly it falls out of their expertise due to me importing the CD's!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Ooops. That's not good.
3 options I can think of.
The best option would probably to get hold of Tune Up, which offers a free trial period, and let it retag and sort the album art for you on the affected tracks.
Delete the imports, check preferences and re-import them.
Try out Tagr, another less complex tagging program.

Hope that helps.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB

I re imported them 3 times! Still no difference is it easy to use that program?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Tune Up? Yes, it's automatic. You just drag the offending tracks into it's window, and it retags and finds artwork for you. Very good, almost bought it, but I'm a bit anal about manually tagging my stuff as it goes on.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

Ok, Could you tell me step by step because I just dragged my songs, it said it was done but it made no difference! And then it was saying that to get artwork the current had to be deleted and then it removed the songs form my iTunes!
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

I tried it again and it is all the same
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Ok, very strange.
Time to manually tag them then.
Highlight all of the offending tracks and then do a get info. Go to the second preference pane and tag them as they should be. You can change the artwork there too, just drag the correct artwork in.
If this doesn't work, report back, it may be a permissions error.

QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

F*S this is really annoying me now ! Still no difference! What options do I have to select in get info!

BY the way I do not know if it makes a difference but I do not get the problem in the artwork cover view!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Go to the info panel for the tracks in question, and change the song names, artist, title, whatever it is that's wrong. Pay attention to track number etc.

QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

Tried no luck! Do you think it would be easier for me just to buy it off iTunes as my Dad wants to buy this CD I was doing him copies! It would cost me 5.00 extra though!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Well I can't condone you copying it for legal reasons, but there are easier ways of doing it.

QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

I will most likely just get it from iTunes now!
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

Here is a screen recording showing what it looks like fellas!
YouTube - iTunes Tagging Error!
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

WOW! Itunes is driving me mad! I just downloaded the album form iTunes itself and it is the same and I lost album artwork aswell :@
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

What view option are you using in iTunes?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« benefits of 64bit on i7 27 with ssd | Emac g4 700mz 40gb - Airport slot? »