New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

G5 gave me a scare this morning..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro Core2 Duo 4Gb Ram / Powermac G5 2 TB RAID , 16GB Ram Running Leopard

Well I got the scare of my life this morning. I fired up my MAC to be received by a black screen, the computer never booted. It just sat there doing nothing. So I was frantic to get this beast running again. Partly because of my files, but also because I simply can not afford to replace this machine right now. A machine comparable to this one would run several thousand dollars. and I use it for all my Adobe work. There is thousands of dollars worth of projects are on this computer.

After some troubleshooting it was determined to only be a PRAM battery that needed replaced.

I was talking to someone I know earlier about this incident and the funny part was that he immediately began telling me how I could build a top of the line machine for only $1500. I tried to explain why I can't and he just started the whole Windows thing. I still use Windows systems at work and they do not work as well as a MAC for the given purpose. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."-Ronald Reagan
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Well it goes the same way for Mac users. I have noticed a lot of Mac users will down Windows 7 just because it's made by Micro$oft (another trend I have noticed from Mac users - $ instead of s....). It's just because people think their product is superior and choose not to listen to the other side of the argument.

Just make sure you constantly back up (and maybe have 2 or 3 backups).

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Moved. Not just "anything" goes in "Anything Goes". Read forum descriptions and stickies prior to posting.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Thinking about getting a New Mac (Mac mini?) | can you add RAM yourself to the current Imac models? »