New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

27" iMac i7 value

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

craigfrankel

craigfrankel is on a distinguished road

I have a late 2009 iMac: MB953LL/A
27"
2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores
8GB Ram
1TB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

I am looking to sell it because I want to buy the SSD iMac.
What is a good price to sell it for?
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

There are websites with this info, but honestly Fleabay would give you the best idea of what is is worth.
QUOTE Thanks
raycanales

raycanales is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigfrankel View Post
I have a late 2009 iMac: MB953LL/A
27"
2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores
8GB Ram
1TB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

I am looking to sell it because I want to buy the SSD iMac.
What is a good price to sell it for?
how much would you like to get for it?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Why not buy an SSD and put it in yourself? There are enough teardown videos/articles that can guide you.

I have to imagine that buying the SSD and doing it yourself is going to be significantly cheaper than buying the SSD on a new iMac through Apple...

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
craigfrankel

craigfrankel is on a distinguished road

I thought about buying an SSD and putting it in my self but it turns out that most SSD do not include the temperature sensor on the SSD which Apple currently has on theirs. I do not feel comfortable buying a different temperature sensor and just taping it on to the SSD for the fan to work correctly. Unless you know of the exact SSD Apple is currently using which has that sensor built in? I can't find that SSD model number and manufacture.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigfrankel View Post
I thought about buying an SSD and putting it in my self but it turns out that most SSD do not include the temperature sensor on the SSD which Apple currently has on theirs. I do not feel comfortable buying a different temperature sensor and just taping it on to the SSD for the fan to work correctly. Unless you know of the exact SSD Apple is currently using which has that sensor built in? I can't find that SSD model number and manufacture.
Even if you found the correct SSD to use, it's still a fairly difficult and involved procedure to install it yourself. You also risk voiding your warranty and damaging your iMac. As pointed out, there are videos and published step by step instructions you can access to get an idea of how to do it.

As you're a new member you are not eligible yet to post anything for sale in our BST forum. You can get an idea of what price your iMac is worth from similar sales on eBay or Craig's list.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I put more memory than the "maximum"? RAMdrive? | iMac 7.1 2.4 ghz 4gb ram 700 gb hd »