Thread: My dock

Unhappy My dock
    So I was fooling around with my dock trying to change its color so I saved, and then moved the original "Scurve" files to a different folder. After I put the new files in and did the "killall Dock" command in Terminal. My dock is now 100% transparent with a reflection and I cant change it back to original.
    I tried moving out the com.apple.dock.plist but that just removed my customized dock and made my new one the same as before with different applications. Nothing is working for me and I need some help with resetting my dock.
    Ps I tried moving things around and now i think my resources folder is messed up. Does anyone no how I can reset the entire CoreServices part on my mac?
    I really appreciate the help because this dock is me off!:Angry-Tongue Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 10.05.25 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    ^^ is a picture of what it looks like.

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    So I was fooling around with my dock trying to change its color so I saved, and then moved the original "Scurve" files to a different folder. After I put the new files in and did the "killall Dock" command in Terminal. My dock is now 100% transparent with a reflection and I cant change it back to original.
    I tried moving out the com.apple.dock.plist but that just removed my customized dock and made my new one the same as before with different applications. Nothing is working for me and I need some help with resetting my dock.
    Ps I tried moving things around and now i think my resources folder is messed up. Does anyone no how I can reset the entire CoreServices part on my mac?
    I really appreciate the help because this dock is me off!:Angry-Tongue Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 10.05.25 PM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    ^^ is a picture of what it looks like.
    Did you keep a time machine backup?

urm
    I did not.. I don't want to reset my entire OS because I have many things downloaded that I don't want to spend DAYS replacing. any ideas?

Specs:
    MBP 17" 2.8 500gb 4gb Imac 21.5" 3.06 500gb 4gb
    Actually I like the 100% transparent. I would like to do that to mine.

Do you want to come over and do it to mine?

Steve

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Move the original file(s) back where you got it/them. You didn't trash it did you?

When you delete a plist file, that's what it does... Sets everything back to default.
    So if you've got your dock back to normal, then you'll now have to re-add whatever apps you want on it.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Information