Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Very cool you got it so fast. Keep us posted and tell us what you think! Can't wait for the pics also.

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Congrats! Getting it 3 days early during this busy shipping time of the year is pretty darn awesome!

Looking for forward to your thoughts...and your evaluation of your specific eMac.

- Nick
    In one phrase?

Wickedly fast on tiger.

It is shocking really, the sound is good too, btw how on earth do you open the disk drive with a non Apple Keyboard?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Is there a CD/DVd in the drive? That should be a slot load. If nothing is there, there will be no need to eject. Once you insert a CD/DVD, you just drag it to the trash, or Right (or CTRL) Click on the icon and click Eject. Also there is Eject in the Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities.

Also with a Disc in the drive from Finder and File there is an Eject also.

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Is there a CD/DVd in the drive? That should be a slot load. If nothing is there, there will be no need to eject. Once you insert a CD/DVD, you just drag it to the trash, or Right (or CTRL) Click on the icon and click Eject. Also there is Eject in the Disk Utility in Applications/Utilities.

Also with a Disc in the drive from Finder and File there is an Eject also.
    What if I want to put a disk in?

Specs:
    Sorry, I always thought the emac was a Slot loader! Me bad!

Someone will probably give you an easier way but look at the File Pull Down in Finder up in the bar by the Apple. See if Eject is there. If not like I said for now, open Disk Utility and hi light the optical drive and see if you can press eject.

This might help also.

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/tu...as/index.shtml

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Sorry, I always thought the emac was a Slot loader! Me bad!

Someone will probably give you an easier way but look at the File Pull Down in Finder up in the bar by the Apple. See if Eject is there. If not like I said for now, open Disk Utility and hi light the optical drive and see if you can press eject.

This might help also.

How to Add Icons to Your OS X Menu Bar
    That worked,thanks.:
    EDIT:
    Ok, So I have been using it for a while after wiping it and installing Tiger-server, Some impressions:
    1: it is fast(faster than a DP 2.0 G5 running Leopard for example),boot is quick too.
    2: Support for the PPC Mac is not dead! I installed Firefox and Opera 10.63 and it plays HTML5 very well, Grooveshark is very usable *(Once again,faster and better sounding then leopard G5 with Flash 10 on the old non html5 Grooveshark.)
    3:Speaking of music...The Speakers are incredible! It's a very good reproduction of the sound, it's playing Barber's Adagio for Strings right now, it sounds great.
    4:That is the best looking CRT I have ever seen!, You would think it's a LCD.
    Thanks guys for your Support, I don't regret the purchase at all.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicjet View Post
    That worked,thanks.:
    EDIT:
    Ok, So I have been using it for a while after wiping it and installing Tiger-server, Some impressions:
    1: it is fast(faster than a DP 2.0 G5 running Leopard for example),boot is quick too.
    2: Support for the PPC Mac is not dead! I installed Firefox and Opera 10.63 and it plays HTML5 very well, Grooveshark is very usable *(Once again,faster and better sounding then leopard G5 with Flash 10 on the old non html5 Grooveshark.)
    3:Speaking of music...The Speakers are incredible! It's a very good reproduction of the sound, it's playing Barber's Adagio for Strings right now, it sounds great.
    Thanks guys for your Support, I don't regret the purchase at all.

They are oddly charming machines aren't they?
    Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM 500 GB HD OS 10.6.8 Magic Trackpad- eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 Grape 400 MHz 1GB RAM 40GB HD OS 10.4.11 iSub - iPad 2 16GB - iPod Classic 120 GB - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen 1GB - Apple TV 2

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Quote Originally Posted by 50voltphantom View Post
    Yep already running XBMC...uhh don't feed (accedetally) 1200 15MP pics to it...lol

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Well....I would say that's debatable...we would have to run some benchmarks to be sure...but if you're happy...that's all that matters. A 1.42ghz processor running 10.4 should have pretty acceptable performance.

Great sound is always a plus!

Sounds like you got a good one! CRT's many times are the first thing to go on these things...glad you're pleased with the picture.

I've got two eMac's (a 700mhz & a 1.25ghz)...and the picture/display are great on both as well. I think that the "flat" screen helps a lot.

Congrats on your fine purchase,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Well what I meant by faster than a g5 was that it runs tiger better than the g5 runs leopard, from my experience that is, I have seen some low ram limits but it's not too bad.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Well what I meant by faster than a g5 was that it runs tiger better than the g5 runs leopard, from my experience that is, I have seen some low ram limits but it's not too bad.
    I understand...the eMac with Tiger just seems "snappy"!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.

For oddly charming peoples?

Where is my mate hughvane?
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post

For oddly charming peoples?

Where is my mate hughvane?
    BTW,I did not post pics because I set it up before I even thought,lol, it basicly looks like every other eMac,very good shape.

Thread Information